If you have ever wanted to use a sewing machine to create fabulous paper, fabric, and paint projects, this is the class for you! Don't be intimidated! Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned veteran, there are sure to be projects and techniques that will excite and inspire you!
While the emphasis of this class is on sewing, there are a ton of painting, layering, and fun mixed media techniques like image transfers, resists, doodling, and more!
This is the largest and most ambitious online class I've ever done and I'm so proud of the results! Each lesson is stuffed with information. Any one of the eighteen lessons could be a class on its own. That said, I've designed the class so that your sewing and mixed media skills grow and develop baby-step-by-baby-step.
"It's Sew Easy" is meant to be taken over six weeks. There are eighteen video tutorials -- or three videos per week.
These three lessons are:
- a video technique tutorial and .pdf download (teaching you important skills you will use in that week’s projects)
- TWO video project tutorials and .pdf downloads
- One project will be something you can easily complete in an hour or two.
- The second project will be a little more complicated and may take a little bit longer to finish.
In the project videos I will guide you step-by-step through the creative process. If you've watched my videos, you know that I share not only the how-to, but a lot of the creative thinking behind each step. Here's a look at some of what this course covers:
Sewing skills covered in this class include:
- Sewing in a Straight Line
- Sewing Where You Want To
- Free Motion Stitching
- Using a Rotary Cutter
- Strip Piecing
- Zig Zag Stitching
- Sewing on Paper
- Binding a Quilt
The class is just $85. You can buy it by clicking on the button below:
Within 24-hours of purchasing the class you will receive an e-mail from me granting you access to the class. Once you sign up, you never lose access to the classroom or the videos!
A Note About Sewing Machines:
- You must have a sewing machine to participate in this class.
- The sewing machine should have a straight stitch and zig zag stitch.
- You will need a darning or free motion foot and 1/4" foot in addition to the standard foot that your machine comes with.
- You must be able to lower or cover the feed dogs on your machine.
- If you do not have a sewing machine and want to buy one (best decision ever), you can buy an inexpensive and reliable machine for anywhere from $85-$400. Good brands to look for in this price range include: Brother and Janome. Sears, Walmart, and Target all sell sewing machines and accessories. For online shoppers, Amazon.com has a ton of sewing machines listed with lots of reviews! If anyone has a good source for non-U.S. residents, please share! Here is a link to a machine that has excellent reviews on Amazon and costs $188.
- You do not need to know how to sew to take this class, but before class starts you should know the basics of how to thread your machine, raise and lower the presser foot, change the presser foot, wind and load the bobbin -- in other words, the basic mechanics of your machine (which can be found in your manual). It's impossible to teach these things in class because every machine is slightly different. But please let me know if you have any questions and I will do my best to help you out!
Here's what students are saying about this class:
|"The class has been worth the price ten times over. I really didn't know a thing about my sewing machine and now I'm discovering new passions every week. You paced the class masterfully. Each project is more difficult but not to the point of being too intimidating to try." - Nicole
|"Thank you Julie for a fabulous class. I have learnt so much and I am enjoying every project. This class is my favourite I've ever taken and it's put the biggest smile on my face." - Emy
|"SO MANY fabulous ideas!!!! I cannot wait to take your other classes! Thank you for letting us have access to this!" - Susan
|"Every video has had need-to-know info for me! I have learned so much from you, and about me!, in this class, Julie. It has been such a pleasure looking at all the other students' perspectives and creations. I am looking forward to completing my projects and posting them on my blog or on the class Flickr page. You are such an encouraging teacher, and I'm so glad that I've found you and will continue my daily visits to your blog to see what awesomeness you are up to! Thank you ssseeeeewwwwww much!" - Lisa
|"Loved this class....I'm looking forward to learning more.. hugs xo You are a fab teacher!" - Bonita Rose
|"What a wonderful six weeks. Time just flew by. Sad to see it all end...Thanks for offering such a great class!" - Sharon
|"oooh Julie....so wonderful!!! I have so many ideas running through my head. Just need time now!!" - Sue
|"I've just completed viewing all of the videos for this class. I am so very pleased with everything you presented. I deliberated a long time before taking this class. My main concern was financial. I am so delighted that I made the decision and wanted you to know. I really enjoyed your casual but precise approach to art. It was easy to follow, clear and very organized. I know the cost was a bit steep, but you have earned it; the value is beyond my expectations." - Veronica
Consider adding stitching to your artistic bag-of-tricks.
You'll be amazed by how much you can learn in just six weeks!